Reloading helpPlease

Sounds like a chamber issue. Caliper a fired case top and bottom to check if there is enough taper to allow ejection. Compare measurements with your reloading book on case specs. The chamber may out of spec

NO..It will not close, as it has to be beaten out with a rubber hammer after firing...strange is right..a new sized case goes in nicely like it should.or once fired factory from another gun resized.. cycles and closes well .after the shot.PROBLEM...I told my buddy its time to invest in a new rifle..this gun has been rebarrelled prior..prob only 300 rounds thru it....
Sounds to me like you are going to blow something or someone up if you don't back down a good bit.
Just because it is a weatherby it doesn't get the right to be loaded so high a pressure to require beating the bolt open.
If it's been re-barreled, it probably doesn't have the weatherby free-bore anymore, and book loads will be over pressure about 1/2 way up the ladder, if not earlier. Start your loads at 15% down from where you are(not book max, as that is obviously way to hot for that chamber) and work up from there. Watch your trim length and keep the bullet off the rifling at least .050" to start with.

NO..It will not close, as it has to be beaten out with a rubber hammer after firing...strange is right..a new sized case goes in nicely like it should.or once fired factory from another gun resized.. cycles and closes well .after the shot.PROBLEM...I told my buddy its time to invest in a new rifle..this gun has been rebarrelled prior..prob only 300 rounds thru it....
Will this rifle fire ANY factory(not handloaded) ammo without doing this???? What is your diameter just ahead of the body/bolt juncture on the case?? It shouldn't be over .512". It should be 2.298" to the base of the radius(max) and 2.504 to the top of the radius(max).
If these are not exceeded with fired brass, it is simply a pressure issue. If well over pressure, the rifle acts as though it has excessive headspace because of steel "springing" and and instead of the normal .001" steel expansion as it fires, you could get triple that. And a very dangerous situation.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.