Reloading Dies - Which ones?

Lee has always been a low cost alternative to reload and like the old saying, you get what you pay for. With that in mind, you may pay a little more money for a Redding Die, but they are made here in up state New York (Cortland) and they work 5 days a week and will bend over backwards to help with whatever question you may have.

I have 2 custom die sets from them, 4 die set for a 22 CheetaH 28 degree and an 8MM-06 AO, and the workman ship is very good. I have 8 RCBS dies and they work just fine, but the don't have the same machined quality that the Redding dies have.

Last I knew, RCBS was only working 4 days a week and unless you call them, it usually takes the about 2 days to respond to emails with technical issues.

Thanks to all.

I learned a lot about dies. I ended up going with the Redding three die set. FL, Neck and standard seater. Maybe down the road I'll mess with the bushing dies on a 300WM I'm going to build this year. Definitely interested in the Comp Seater. I'm going to see if I can find one used in good condition.

Also want to say that Redding customer service is top notch. I also don't want to take anything away from Lee. I had a Ruger 77 MKII in 300 WM that would shoot 1/2" three shot groups on a cold bore 8 times in 10. Then would still hold moa on the hot barrel. So Lee dies do produce quality ammo.

I'll report back on the Redding dies. Also ordered the Comp Shell Holders. So I can bump more easily and more consistently.

Thanks again

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.