Reloading Data 300 Win.Mag.

ohboy

Folks, I am planing my long awaited Mule Deer hunt in Colorado this coming November. I have already decided on Barnes TSX 165 gr BT. Now I am trying to work up a load. Here is where I would appreciate a good starting point. I am looking at IMR 4831 and/or Hodgdon 4831 SC. I several reloading books and data but would like to hear from the experts. My rifle of choice is the Remington 700 BDL in 300 Win. Mag., I have customized with Precision Mfg. composite stock and Aluminum bedding block. I have good optics. I would prefer to keep the comments and recommendations to Powder and charges.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

My savage 110FP 24" heavy barrel is a tack diver with 165g Sierra game kings over 74.5g of H4831SC. Win brass and Fed215 primers.

Not the same set up as yours, just thought I'd let ya know what works for me.

Good luck on your hunt!

You could throw H1000 and Ramshot magnum into the mix....Seems like anymore Ramshot Magnum is my go to powder for the 300 win mag !

Folks, I am planing my long awaited Mule Deer hunt in Colorado this coming November. I have already decided on Barnes TSX 165 gr BT. Now I am trying to work up a load. Here is where I would appreciate a good starting point. I am looking at IMR 4831 and/or Hodgdon 4831 SC. I several reloading books and data but would like to hear from the experts. My rifle of choice is the Remington 700 BDL in 300 Win. Mag., I have customized with Precision Mfg. composite stock and Aluminum bedding block. I have good optics. I would prefer to keep the comments and recommendations to Powder and charges.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

I'd go with either h4831(or sc) or RL 22. I've been shooting 78 gr rl22 with a 165 hornady in a 300 win for 15 years. My brother shot 4 elk in 6 shots with rl22 and the barnes 165 ttsx out of a rem 300 win. the fall before last. Worked like a charm.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.