Reloading Components.

I never had any problem getting components for loading, its the other guys problem not mine.
well here comes the real world and its standing in my front yard.

and it sucks!

Gary and others - Yes, this is most certainly gun control. Sad to see where this country is going.

This happened 4 years ago and it took almost 2 years to settle back down to normal. That said, I have been able to get most of what I need by posting here in the classifieds and watching online and had a descent stockpile to start with. If you keep an eye on all the online suppliers you can usually find some components here and there. Yup, It's a PITA, but it's where we are ATM.

The lesson to learn, is to keep at least a year, maybe 2, of supplies on hand. If everyone did this there would be less hoarding every time events like this happened. That's what I'll be doing.

Of course it doesn't help much when you buy a new rifle and don't have the powder, brass and bullets for it.

Oh well, venting might help a little, but it is what it is. As I learned in the Scouts, "Be Prepared"

I agree 100% but as I shoot down my stockpile to stay current and I can't get powder it worries me. I want to buy another rifle but there is no way I will until I can get the powder I will need for load development and then the powder I will need to shoot it. 3 more years of Obama and then Hillary, I hate to think about it.

But I agree, bullets and brass are out there if you scrounge the websites and put in backorders. Still waiting for my Lapua 223??

This happened 4 years ago and it took almost 2 years to settle back down to normal. That said, I have been able to get most of what I need by posting here in the classifieds and watching online and had a descent stockpile to start with. If you keep an eye on all the online suppliers you can usually find some components here and there. Yup, It's a PITA, but it's where we are ATM.

The lesson to learn, is to keep at least a year, maybe 2, of supplies on hand. If everyone did this there would be less hoarding every time events like this happened. That's what I'll be doing.

Of course it doesn't help much when you buy a new rifle and don't have the powder, brass and bullets for it.

Oh well, venting might help a little, but it is what it is. As I learned in the Scouts, "Be Prepared"

++++!

I travel extensively from eastern MT to north Idaho, and a few friends come to eastern Mt to see me and go back. We all stop at small towns and find some brass, bullets, primers here and there. I put my name on lists to get a call when things come in, I check online several times a week at nite, I take different routes and stop in new places, soon you figger out who has a better line on some of the things you need. the network works, Ive found bit by bit, most everything I need, albeit small quantities in general, I never buy out a whole stock of anything either, Unless there is only one. That always leaves at least something for somebody else. Go to the " hard to find forum" here on LRH and post what you are looking for, some good LRH fellow will likely respond with a possibility for you, and that has worked for me from one end of the country to the other also. I have posted what Ive seen also back to others that area looking. This site is working to help you, take advantage and do some simple networking.

Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.