Reloading bench plans

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Cullboss, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Cullboss

Cullboss Well-Known Member

Anybody have good plans to build a reloading bench? I am a rookie reloaded and I am looking to build a bench. Any help would be appreciated.

2. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Spuds

Spuds Well-Known Member

Lots of plans on the web if you search. This site has several.

4. Cullboss

Thanks new to this site also.

5. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

I just paid like $200 for the Stack-On brand reloaders bench from Midway USA, and it has been perfect so far. Thinking about getting another one when I get my progressive press setup.

6. notajeep

notajeep Well-Known Member

I reload for precision mostly. So I use a single stage press, simple powder dump and digital scale. Vs somebody with the Dillon big bad boy with a price tag of $1500 and nickel and dime you for every additional accessory. I'm guess what I'm trying to say is start out with plenty of room on a solid sturdy surface. As for plans sorry I don't have any, I went with the tables and cabinets I already had. Don't forget plenty of overhead lighting as well. Good luck!

7. Zep

Zep Well-Known Member

Just make sure it is long enough. I reload metallic and shotgun and since I need some shot shells I will have to take my single stage off the bench and put the MEC up, then take the MEC down and put the single stage up...

Oh, I am using my father's old work bench. An old heavy duty workbench is the Bee's knees for this kind of work. I mount my presses to 2x12s and I c-clamp the 2x12s to the bench.

8. gamehawker

gamehawker Well-Known Member

A heads up to people looking to get their first reloading bench.

Cabelas has the Stack-On brand reloaders benches currently on sale right now.

I got the deluxe Stack-On reloading bench with back wall for $169.99.

And with the free shipping promotion Cabelas is currently having right now (there is an extra $18 since it is a large, heavy item) I got it for $187.99 delivered. MidwayUSA has them for $200 plus shipping (they are not currently in-stock too).

I think that is quite a deal for this reloading bench.

9. Cullboss

Thanks everyone for the insight. I will post a pic.

Attached Files:

10. big mike 2121

big mike 2121 Well-Known Member

I bought a 70.00 work bench from northern tool and then modified it to fit my needs. Works great for me and cheap too.

11. BrentM

BrentM Well-Known Member

This is my set up. I just got the new bench on the right and had not moved or set up stuff yet. Above it I installed more shelving so all the reloading stuff is one place and I can smith on the left bench.

12. BrentM

BrentM Well-Known Member

Technical difficulties. Oops

Attached Files:

13. Nimrod

Nimrod Well-Known Member

I made mine from leftover lumber from a cabinet project and a shipping skid we got some sheet metal on at work.

[​IMG]

14. Korhil78

Korhil78 Well-Known Member

Haha...how do your kids feel about sleeping in the same room as the reloading bench? :)

Seriously though...your bench turned out well.

I have been over to Cullboss's house and that 16 ft reloading bench needs some more equipment on it!