reloading 30.06

lorvan

My gunsmith have done for me a new rifle, like a winchester pre 64 with a mauser action, and a stainless steel barrel produced by Lothar Walther ( Lothar Walther ) in 1:12 .
I mounter a Nigtforce SNX 5-5 x 22 NPR2 and I am testing now some reloading data. I am not sure if is best for hunting a 150 SPBT sierra or a 165 one, always SPBT and wich my be the best reloading data. With 60.7 grains of Vittavuori 160 , Sierra 165 grn SPBT 2145 and aol 84.2 the speed at two meters from the barrel is about 2930 fps and at the range at 200 meters the shots are in about 1 moa, but not every time. I would like to bring the speed up to 2700 feet, like the old M2 military rounds but I am not sure that is a good idea.
Accept good suggestions..

It is not really clear what you are asking. You say that you are already getting 2930 fps and then you say you want to bring the speed up to 2700 fps like the old M2 round:confused::confused::confused:. If you are getting 2930 fps with a 165 Sierra Pro Hunter bullet and are getting 1MOA groups at 200 yards with the rig you stated you are doing alright. Just go deer hunting, it will kill anything you put your cross hairs on out to around 300 yards with no sweat. Just sight in 3 inches high at 100 yards and you will not be below line of sight but about 4 inches at 300 yards. Hold in the center of the front shoulder and drop that deer.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.