Reloaders dream bullet puller

Wow, what a great and simple idea. So, I have a pair of long nose vise grips and just tried it using those and the same technique--marks the bullet but pulls it right out. Now, why didn't I think of that............

Randy

Ya I've done it with pliers for years but this way I can reuse the bullets and not have to worry about accuracy because of the deformation of the bullet. ;)

Or you could just buy a collet puller with individual collets per bullet diameter...

I use one and it has been well worth the money.

RCBS Collet Bullet Puller

With the GRIP-N-PULL you don't have to pay for all the different collets. The GRIP-N-PULL does 9 different calibers on one tool and you don't have to thread anything in you just squeeze and pull. It is a lot faster and less expensive than buying the collet puller and all the collets, works better too!

Speed between the 2 is a wash, the time saved over installing the RCBS puller and right collet would be offset by setting the other down and picking it up every time besides you pull 50 or so bullets it's going to wear on ya. Cost isn't that big of a difference, how many folks have a need to pull 9 different calibers? the RCBS and 2 collets is about the same price, and if a guy already has the RCBS the collets are $10ea.

They both are light years better than an inertia puller though. Props to the guy that came up with this new puller!

I saw these at the recent gun show in Boise, ID. They are a good tool. They work! There is hardly any mark on the bullet, defiantly not enough to effect accuracy. the price is reasonable when you compare buying all of the collets for a puller and they are for sure better than banging away with a kinetic puller.

Nice looking tool...Reminds me of the one I fashioned from the clamp part of a tube flaring tool years ago, dy drilling out just a smidge oversize of the two calibers I used back then...Fast and simple...Trouble was tightening the wing uts any too much would easily "squash" a thin jacketed bullet out of round..You couldn't see that with your naked eye but the Starret would pick up a tenth or two....If it was too loose and broke grip on the bullet it would score the copper...My collet puller doesn't deform like that but most times leaves a mark/ring...

What material is the Grip-N-Pull?....Will it squeeze "soft" enough not to deform them but enough to hold them without slipping?...There are probably some "space age" materials out there that might fit that ...

Thanks for sharing,
Randy

I've shot a few of the bullets I've pulled and haven't seen any impact shift with the loads. Guy said its made out of stainless steel. 304 if I remember correctly

Nice looking tool...Reminds me of the one I fashioned from the clamp part of a tube flaring tool years ago, dy drilling out just a smidge oversize of the two calibers I used back then...Fast and simple...Trouble was tightening the wing uts any too much would easily "squash" a thin jacketed bullet out of round..You couldn't see that with your naked eye but the Starret would pick up a tenth or two....If it was too loose and broke grip on the bullet it would score the copper...My collet puller doesn't deform like that but most times leaves a mark/ring...

What material is the Grip-N-Pull?....Will it squeeze "soft" enough not to deform them but enough to hold them without slipping?...There are probably some "space age" materials out there that might fit that ...

Thanks for sharing,
Randy
That would be my concern with the deformation of hte bullet from excess pressure from 2 pinch points.

I love my RCBC collet puller. It is CNC'd and pinches on 3 equal sides. I have never had any issues reusing any bullets that I pulled from other handloads I had made that I decided to go a different route or change something up. The puller, and my RCBS universal decapping/depriming dies have been the best money spent in my reloading equipment, right next to my Chargemaster 1500.

I have used my GRIP-N-PULL a lot and it has yet to deform a bullet at all. There has been an instance where I didn't squeeze hard enough and it scored the copper a little but did not affect accuracy at all on that bullet. You could see a mark but couldn't feel it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.