Reloader 33

Alaskan gun shops and dealers have never heard of Reloder 33, even the guys at Boondocks in Eagle River never heard of it, hell .... 2 gunsmiths I deal with never heard of it, not even the guys at Mat Su Tactical knew about it until I placed a special order for 1 8 lb jug or 8 1 lb cans whichever comes first, it's been months and still nothing !!

Rem 700 in 338 Edge

Powder Valley has Reloader 33 seems easy to get in lower 48.
But here in AK another story I do not know why?

no demand ! we have to start calling every shop and asking for it several times a day and stopping in and asking for it, there's VF Grace and another outfit that supply the stores with firearms related stuff, if the retailers get enough requests they will start ordering it..

a Cabelas store is gonna be built in Anchorage this summer and a Bass Pro Shops also,

that should help I hope, if we are still able to own firearms by next year that is ! that evil dark man is causing a lot of trouble !

no demand ! we have to start calling every shop and asking for it several times a day and stopping in and asking for it, there's VF Grace and another outfit that supply the stores with firearms related stuff, if the retailers get enough requests they will start ordering it..

a Cabelas store is gonna be built in Anchorage this summer and a Bass Pro Shops also,

that should help I hope, if we are still able to own firearms by next year that is ! that evil dark man is causing a lot of trouble !

I cant just ship u guys some??...

You cant or can???????

Good reason for a summer trip to Ancorage from North Pole

-51 this morning little cool

Im askin.. can i just ship u some... i got some more on the way.. 4 1lb bottles.. i can ship u one and see if ur rifle likes it.. i can always get more.. thought about buying another 8lb keg of it..

Kasey

I emailed Powder Valley if they will ship to Alaska via UPS or Fed EX by gound...

I doubt you will be able to ship by air and by Postal is no go...

I am a Confirmed Shipper with Alaska Airlines, I will check if powder can be shipped by air cargo, kinda doubt it though.....

UPS ground would probably be the way to go, just have to pay the hazmat fees

I will wait until the stores receive it
We are paying already $28 a pound here in Fairbanks.

All powder is shipped in one conex on ship then divided up once it arrives.

Guys, rl33 is a good powder but I suspect it's really not much better than Retumbo. It'll be 50 below wind chill here later in the week. About -20 real temp. I've only seen colder than -40 a few days here in N.D.. I found out my '94 dodge's thermometer only went to -45 when it went o.c. (out of calibration) a few years ago when I hit the low spots taking my kid to school that morning. The dang thing started without a block heater that morning because I drove off plugged in the previous a.m..

How does rl33 work for bigger guns like 338 lapua and 300 win mag?
I'm loading H-1000 now and can seem to get it to shoot great. Just trying to see if its another reason I can get my gun as tight as the builder with accubonds and N560.
Maybe it's me.......

Thanks

Its made for the big boys.. 338 lapua ... what ya shootin in the puma?? I have awesome results with the lapua and h1000.. both accubonds and berger™

I just finished loading 9 shots with H-1000 at 89.7 .8 and .9
I 2 holed a few but number 3 was off....

I am using 300 Bergers. they are .001 off the lands. I want to chalk it up to the 30 mile and hour wind I had on sunday as to the spread.
I had the 185 and 265 LRX barnes shooting better than that....
Also tried 250 Gr SMK....

I am WIDE open to any advice you might have... I was going to try Retumbo again but cant find the stuff... RL 33 is plentiful so that is why I was asking!!!

Thanks,

Mario

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts