Reloader 22

I'll tell you about a substitute.Grafs has the now discontinued Winchester WXR powder on sale for 15.00 a pound or 110.00 for an eight pound keg.I've been using it in a 7STW and 300WSM and am in the process of working loads for 270 and 7mag.As far as I can tell,it's the same powder as Reloader-22.It's double based,made in Sweden,most like the same factory just different packaging.It loads the same,chronographs the same and I've achieved one ragged hole groups with this powder in my rifles.At that price,you cain't go wrong and I think you'll be quite happy with it.

baldhunter do you know where I might find any data on it.
I was hoping to find some re22 my 300wsm seems to like it well with 175 smk.

If there is any one in north Missouri or around wichita area I can come up with some fed 215s or cci 200s to trade.

Thanks john_m44

This is a good reference site, .300 WSM @ www.reloadersnest.com ,unfortunately it doesn't have any load data for the 300WSM with Win. WXR and some of the loads listed seem kinda stiff for the 300WSM with Reloader-22.I took my 300WSM up to 71.0grs of WXR,with a 165gr bullet before I started getting a sticky bolt.I backed off to 69.0grs of WXR and I get around 3020fps and was getting the same thing with the 69.0grs of Reloader-22. I haven't had much luck finding load data for the 300WSM either.So I just started low and worked my way up and watched for signs of pressure and backed off.The thing I found interesting,is I'm loading the same weight charge in my 7mag with IMR-4350 and Win. WXR with a 150gr bullet as I'm loading in my 300WSM with a 165gr bullet.

I have already checked at Natchez they don't have any.
I will not buy any from Bruno's even if they had any, they want $8 a pound more than anyone else.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts