reloader 22

deadeyecook

Hello I'm new long range shooting (600 yards +) but I'm avid handloader and enjoy it I'm working up loads for my model 70 xtr in 7mm rem mag I've got loads worked up with sierra 160 gameking and hornady 139 sst behind 64 grains of h4831 seated to spec I would like to work some up with reloader 22 but having a hard time finding I know its hard to find any thing at times at hand was asking if anyone has found any on line also does anyone shooting a Winchester xtr and if so how does it compare in long range thanks -cook

Haven't had that hard of a time with rl series here.... I've got plenty of rl22 ( buoght over the last couple of years). I've only had to look for rl25 lately though I guess.

Wideners has rl50 and powder valley has rl33 at present but neither has rl22 or rl25 at present.

18722d1361991268-rl-33-load-data-picture-1.png

if you use a heavy rl33 will work for you just fine in the rem.

by the way theres absolutely nothing wrong with the 4831 your using right now. Its one of the most accurate powders in my 7mag.

Thanks for all of the replies I know thiers nothing wrong with h4831 just wanted to try another all round powder as for reloader 25 I've heard it was very temperamentle when using it in a 7mm rem as for h1000 I've never had the benefit of using it but ill try any as for the rifle it seems to be to be really accurate with factory ammo thanks for all of the replies -cook

I was just in to a store today and they had R22. I am holding out for Retumbo so I didnt buy it.

Guess ill go to the local shops and check it haven't been in a while hows does the reloader 19 do in the 7mm I'm trying to get to a velocity of 3,000 fps to see how it does thanks -cook

I am using RL22 in my 7mm rem mag with barnes 145 grain lrx's at 3150 fps gets me a real accurate load in my rifle Rem 700.

If you're looking for an alternative to H4831, you might want to try a different burn rate as it's pretty similar to RL22, unless you're getting shotty accuracy from the 4831. W/ heavy bullets, I'd give Retumbo a try. I use it for 150-165 Gr bullets in my 270 WSM, fantastic results.

Was able to pick up re19-re25 today H1000 and retumbo I would love to try because its seems to be ideal for the big weatherby calibers only time will time and I got a trigger finger that's been depressed from lack of shooting lol

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.