Reload belted magnum cases 20 times now.

This these is 5 years old. You a ragging on thin air.

And

The product works as advertised.
WOW!!
Your first sentence IS the reason why people get 3 reloads with belted magnums, not because they are NOT using your die. PERIOD.
What you should be peddling is a case head CLEARANCE GUAGE so that people can adjust their dies CORRECTLY so their cases are headspacing off the shoulder, not the belt. The belt is useless after the case has been fireformed to the chamber, normally, my shoulders move forward by an average of .026", yes, I actually MEASURE this aspect of my cases.
Oh, I have a question, all the squeezing of the case just above the web, or as you put it, the belt, by your collet die, where does the brass flow too, and, does it cause excessive stretching, and therefore thinning, of the brass in this area?
My thinking dictates that the brass must be displaced elsewhere along the case, causing excessive thinning after each sizing operation, just like a FL die causes the neck to grow, does your die stop this, too?
I doubt it immensely.

:rolleyes:

I have been loading belted cases since I was 16, NOT ONCE, have I had a case head separation with a belted case or the dreaded bulge, as you call it, haven't even seen it on others cases.

Just to comment on the post...Willis does make a gauge for measuring headspace.

COAD-06.jpg

I second the need for 378 Weaherby based case tool. I reload the 338-378 and 416. They expand at the web way more quickly than my 300 Wby and the brass is high dollar! Make one for these cases please. The headspace guage is awesome.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.