? Regarding Richards's Wilcat bullets

slymule

Am wanting to know if anyone has tried using moly on any of Richards new aluminum tipped bullets? Three of us are planning on ordering some of his bullets and one of my friends is a big moly fan. He's questioning whether the moly will adhere to the aluminum tipped bullets. Has anybody tried moly on his new bullets, and if so, would appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Slymule

I have tested Richards AT bullets but have not moly coated them.

I have however molied the Hornady 750 gr A-Max and it has a very large aluminum tip and they moly up just fine. Course, even if the moly did not adhear to the tip, that would make no difference anyway, the tip does not touch the bore.

Kirby Allen(50)

DUH!!! Now don't I feel stupid for not realizing that - what a "no-brainer"!

It's amazing how you can get so engrossed in detailing what you consider the perfect long range gun. Hours spent with your buddies hashing out all the fine minute details of stock selection, barrel choice and configuration, etc, etc, etc. all based around that one bullet you're planning on shooting. And then to have something so blatantly obvious go over your head. Makes a guy wonder....................................

I really appreciate your reply Kirby - next time maybe I'll just ask my youngest son (9yrs. old) what he thinks first, that way I can try and save the tough ones for you. ;^)

Well now that Kirby has pointed out the OBVIOUS, I'll have to give my buddy a call and razz him about what a "dumbazz question" that was that he came up with. Of course I'll have to act like I never gave it a seconds worth of thought when he initially brought it up, you know kinda like I wasn't paying any attention. After all...what are good friends for.

A second set of eyes or ears will always see or hear more then just one pair. That is why there in no such thing as a bad question.

We have all done that before!!!

Merry Christmas,

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.