Reed Mosser

royinidaho

Reed,
Didn't want to divert the Ramshot thread......

Could you post some details regarding the 100gr Wildcat in the Dasher?

Would appreciate it.

Thanks

I try to post some pics as soon as I can. my dasher has a 28 inch 6.5 twist 3 groove barrel. I chambered it and throated it for the 100 grain wildcats. I really just put the finishing touches on the rifle with a Harrels break and switched actions. I am really happy with the dasher, very stable brass,accurate, and fast. My load in the dasher for the 100 grain wildcats is a compressed load of 40.5 ramshot magnum and rem7.5 primer. This load is giving me 2865 FPS with very low extreme spreads. while not setting the world on fire, it does work very well for those windy days. I have shot this gun in the wind a good bit know and ithink it shoots as well as my old 7 wsm and 180 bergers. I think the B.C is very close to .7. The wildcats are very accurate in my barrel, I lucked out because they are the only bullet I can shoot with that long throat. I have shoot them in 40 mph winds against some very big guns and the dasher with those funny looking wildcats works very well. I mostly use this gun for 500 yard ground hog shoots and when I get some more bullets Im going to give it a try at a thousand yard shoot. If you want to know any thing about the dasher, please e-mal me at [email protected] Thanks Reed

Id like to come but I have work and a meeting to attend. Besides that i'm almost of of the 100 wildcats for my dasher. I could bring my ppc but its not my cup of tea. I can't read the wind to well, and can't seem to shoot it very well at long range. If its not a poor mans savage , i have a hard time adjusting to it. The best of luck to you. If I were a betting man, I say you and your new 6 br will be in the top 2 places. Have fun Hopefully Ill see you at the next shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.