• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Reduced, SS factory magnum sporter, 300 Rum take off

big7fan

Excellant condition
26 inch SS Remington factory take off in 300 Rum.
10 twist, Remington magnum sporter contour.
Threaded muzzle with a Harrells 4 port brake.

It appears that is barrel is a product of Remington's custom shop as it has no stamped barrel code.
It bore scopes amazingly well. A few very minor tool marks in the throat area. Transition from throat into rifling is very even. Cuts are virtually identical on every single individual grove and as a hole. Corners are all very clean and uniform. Muzzle looks exactly the same.

I could only find very few very minor tool marks past the throat lands transition, which is amazing for a factory barrel.
I have probably a dozen barrels from 6 different premium barrel makers and only a couple of them have looked this clean.

It should shoot really well, but as you know there is really no way of predicting exactly how a barrel will shoot until you send some rounds downrange. So... no guarantee on how it will end up grouping.

Came off of a RMEF edition rifle with the XCR (Extreme Conditions Rifle) coating. "Remington's proprietary patented TRINYTE Corrosion Control System which provides corrosion and abrasion protection. Though micro-thin, this protective barrier provides virtual elimination of corrosion and superior abrasion resistance, comparable to the Rockwell Scale rating for diamonds."

Not sure on rounds, but it appears to have been fired very little. It had not been cleaned when I bought the rifle, and it cleaned up really easy. A little bit of copper and very minor carbon coloring for about the first 5 inches. Very clean and shiny after that.

$175 shipped
$125 shipped without the brake. no thread protector, it will simply have a threaded muzzle

Last edited:
SS barrel and SS XCR coating

Attachments

• barrel.jpg
    barrel.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 15
  • muzzle.jpg
    muzzle.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 17
  • muzzle and brake.jpg
    muzzle and brake.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 18
  • cartridge.jpg
    cartridge.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 17
It appears that is barrel is a product of Remington's custom shop as it has no stamped barrel code.
It bore scopes amazingly well. A few very minor tool marks in the throat area. Transition from throat into rifling is very even. Cuts are virtually identical on every single individual grove and as a hole. Corners are all very clean and uniform. Muzzle looks exactly the same.

I could only find very few very minor tool marks past the throat lands transition, which is amazing for a factory barrel.
I have probably a dozen barrels from 6 different premium barrel makers and only a couple of them have looked this clean.

Not sure on rounds, but it appears to have been fired very little. It had not been cleaned when I bought the rifle, and it cleaned up really easy. A little bit of copper and very minor carbon coloring for about the first 5 inches. Very clean and shiny after that.

Last edited: