Redding type S bushing die questions

Flatlandcoaxer86

If I were to purchase a 30-06 bushing die, could I size 25-06, 270, 280, and 30-06 with the appropriate bushings for either of course? Same question for 243, 25 souper, 260, 7-08, and 308?

you can go down one caliber pretty easily. 3006 to 270, 280 different body length or 308 to 7-08, 260 to 243 any more than that you will run into problems with causing a flat area at the neck/shoulder junction or total shoulder collapse.

I dont think the one size rule matters when you can keep swapping bushings does it?
it matters. put a 2506 next to a 3006 and look where the neck/shoulder location is and then remember the 3006 bushing die is set to size to that height and if you leave the bushing loose enough to size a 2506 neck it will leaves a large portion of the shoulder unsized causing headspace problems and hard to close bolt.

if you're using that process to neck down brass it is ok but using it as a fulltime option wouldn't be the best for your brass.

When making six arc brass from 762 x 39 I go down several calibers from 30 to 243
when making ARC out of AK we use 3 dies, 7mm neck die,6.5 Grendel, 6 ARC trimming to length after the Grendal and only use non bushing dies. You can get cheap Lee sizing dies from midway for $18.00 and make a decent forming die especially when they have free shipping. for normal sizing we are using Hornady bushing die and anneal often to get as much brass life as possible after doing all that work

I use a 25 WSSM die as universal neck down die. The die is for a short fat case so no problem getting the cases in or the die set down far enough.

it matters.
In some cases where the case changes significantly yes. Using a 338 LMI bushing die for 30-338 LMI is common - the portion of the neck left unsized shouldn't be enough to create a false shoulder every firing.

I use a 25 WSSM die as universal neck down die. The die is for a short fat case so no problem getting the cases in or the die set down far enough.

In some cases where the case changes significantly yes. Using a 338 LMI bushing die for 30-338 LMI is common - the portion of the neck left unsized shouldn't be enough to create a false shoulder every firing.
338 to 308 is about max that i have had success. using 300 win mag for 7-300 wm or 270-300wm is also common but it is in the same sizing range about .030. another thing to consider is the shoulder angle, the long sloping shoulder of the 3006 or 308 also complicate things where the 35-40 degree shoulders are much more forgiving, like the ones on the LMI.