Redding replacement expander ball

tbrice23

I simply hate Redding's expander ball on their FLS dies. I've tried polishing it, honing a ramp on the leading and trailing ends to ease the transition in and out of the case neck but it still sucks.

Does anyone know if any other manufacturer makes one that will fit Redding's stem threads?

I'm really close to just throwing it away and honing the neck for .002" neck tention on my brass and depriming with a Lee Collet neck die. Or maybe just buying a Lee FLS die and be done with it but the cheapest way would be to get a different ball that fits this stem.
Thanks.

Thanks Nut.
I browsed MidwayUSA for a while and my search came up empty. But I found it, thanks again.

I have replaced all my Redding Die Set's expander balls with carbide one. It now works excellent. I just wish Redding would start implementing the vent hole on the shoulder of their Sizer Dies. All the other manufacturers implemented this.

I have not been impressed with Redding dies in general.

Although I will admit, their customer service is good when I've called with problems.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.