Redding or Forester Comp Die ?

Happ571

I am sure this question has been asked many times, I am going to purchase a Comp seating die and was looking at these two brands there is quite a price difference, what would you recomend using a 7MM & 300WM.

The Forster BR is the same die as their Ultra but without the micrometer. If you're not loading into the lands or are loading to magazine length, it is the economic choice. All of these dies have the alignment sleeve that provides the straight loads.

Last edited:
If you are comparing sizing dies I prefer the Redding, but on the seating dies both will do a great job but I really like the forester comp seater better, less money is an added bonus.
UB

I can not comment on the Forster because I have not used it. The Redding however is outstanding, it paired with a Forster Co-Ax press gives me very low runout numbers. Given the price difference I would say give the Forster a try, I have never been disappointed in any of their products.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.