Redding Competition Neck Sizing ?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by drwindmill, Nov 23, 2012.

1. drwindmill

drwindmill Well-Known Member

I have a Redding comp bushing neck sizer for a wildcat 338-378 and when I set it up per Redding's instructions I crush the shoulders. The only way I can get it to deprime and size the neck is by not raising the shellholder all the way. What am I doing wrong?

2. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

It sounds like the die is not set up correctly. Remove the decapping pin/rod and adjust the die to properly size the neck. Then, reinstall the decapping pin/rod and adjust length to push out the primer.
    If that fails, call Redding.

3. drwindmill

drwindmill Well-Known Member

In Redding's instructions they say to screw the die in until the the bottom part is compressed all the way inside of the die and that the die is touching the shell holder. Then they to back it off until you read the micrometer numbers. I do this with a case in the holder and the ram only goes about 3/4 of the way before it stops. I'm just wondering if there is something I am missing.

4. MSLRHunter

MSLRHunter Well-Known Member

If it sizes the neck without the case going all the way into the die then something is not right with the die. All of my NS bushing dies require the case to go all the way into the die before the neck is sized.

5. Paipau

Paipau New Member

hello, i have the same problem with the set Comp .308 win (:)
    already solved the problem ?? drwindmill