Red Dot scope with magnification?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Rum River, May 5, 2009.

1. Rum River

Rum River Active Member

My brother has poor eyesight. He asked if I would help find him a scope with an illuminated red dot and magnification.

I have been able to find scads of non-magnifying units, or units with magnification but still only intended for relatively short range (100 yards or less).

I found one make called Mueller with which I have no experience. Has anybody else here used them?

Anyone know of any other units that could help him shoot out to at least 200 yards?

2. CapDog

CapDog Well-Known Member

There are lots of scope with illuminate reticles, would those work? I have a Leupold CQT 1-3X on a AR type rifle and engaging targets out to 200 yards is pretty easy although obviously not as precise as a scope with higher magnification and a finer aiming point.

3. älg

älg Well-Known Member

Schmidt Bender hunting scopes offer some with a red dot and a reticle, as does Zeiss in the varipoint lince. Expensive, but good glass. You will find low power scopes 1-4-, 1-6, and even 3-12 x 50.

4. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Go take a look at the TRIJICON accupoint line of scopes. This year at SHOT the introduced a new model with exposed windage and elevation turrets. It lookes a lot like a MK4 and I have owned 6 or 7 of there sights the qualty is unmatched!