RECOVERED SCIROCCOS

älg

It has taken me a ong timer, and don´t know if <i´ll make it, here are some opics of recoverd sciroccos fired from a 7 rm.

The one on the left was shot at 3150 vº, recovered from a roedeer at 110 m. bullet entered right shoulder, was deviated and was recovered on the left hide aa little backwards. IN this case it is clear that a big mass was lost, and only a thin sheet of bullet is left. Further down is another pic together with an unfired bullet.

The other two are factory remington loads, fired at roedeer moving away, and shot from behind. The biggest diameter bullet was shot at some 120 m; the other one at the far right at 200 m.
sciroccos150.jpg

tHERE is also a recoverd sierra sbt 160 fired from a 7 rm at 2950, retrieved from a goat shot in the chest while facing me at 300 m,. bullet was reciovered in the left hide befire the rear leg. the core was inside the cup but just fell out upon catching the bullet. This is where a bonded bullet makes a difference, although i must say the animal fell in his tracks and never moved.

[image]
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/algpics/sbt160back.jpg[/image]

sciroccosheet.jpg

sbt160front.jpg
sciroccos150front.jpg

Photobucket.com

Here are some more:

Here is the sierra 160 seen from behind:

sbt160back.jpg

HERE IS A NORMAL 222 REM BNULLET RECOVERED FROM A ROE ( YES, ALSO A ROEDEER) AT 200M. PERFECT EXPANSION BUT IT HIT NO BONE. SMALL AND ORDINARY BULLETS ALSO WORK GREAT AT MODERATE VELOCITIES.
2222.jpg

Alg,
Thanks for sharing some great images, I have never seen a Scirocco shed weight like that first recovered bullet. The middle shape is what we expect if we find any at all. That little .222 bullet is also typical of what the small bullets will do on game. I have seen deer shot with the .223 with Bear Claws and the recoveries looked like the one you have. We also find a few non-bonded bullets with the cores loosely sitting in the jackets, or even beside the jacket in the meat. Have seen that with Ballistic Tips and some of the match bullelts - like you say they kill the critter so they did their job. Nice sharp images.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.