Recommendation for Picatinny Base

Since we're on the subject of bases have any of you used the Near rails much and if so what do you think. I've only seen them and they sure look nice but I can't ever bring myself to spending that much for a rail.

No I've never used them but now that I look at them dang it you got me spending more money... LOL .... They look like a heck of a rail.

I've got 3 of them and, in my opinion, they're without equal - an absolute work of art and precision, but not cheap. To go one step further, the Near Alphamount is also a jewel. Try them and you'll never buy anything else.

XMC -
I was wondering about the scope....VX 7, wow....I have never seen one of those set up before. I hear great things about the VX7...That is an awesome setup you have.

I should be getting my VX3 4.5-14 x 50 LR back from the custom shop in 3 weeks. I added M1 W/E turrets to it and added a reticle to it. Will forward you pics when I get everything setup. Thanks so much for the picture.

I look forward to seeing your setup... don't know if you have used the custom shop in the past but they do great work.
I also ordered BDC rings for the VX-7; took all the data from my load plus elevation of where I hunt and temp averages for Nov over past years and had Leupold make a couple of BDC Rings for me for there and here at home so I can switch back and forth.

Last edited:
Seekins Precision - http://www.seekinsprecision.com/index_p.php?p=rails

7000 Series Aluminum is as strong as steel and much lighter. Why pack around the weight? And, steel will rust--aluminum won't. I had a steel rail Ken Ferrell rail and switched to Seekins and could feel the difference in the weight of the gun. This Seekins rail is very precisely fit on my Rem 700 LA and incorporates an integral recoil lug and extended rail--two items you will want. It's a full featured rail at a very good price. Glen is a member here and enjoys a very good reputation--give him a call. I've talked to him numerous times on the phone. Good guy. Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.