Recommendation for base/rings

huntem

Just picked up a VX-III LR/T 6.5-20x50mm w/30mm tube to mounted on a SH .308 Rem 700 Police. I was curious on the type/height if rings you think I'll need. I'm sure a set of Leupold medium rings would do the trick.

Just looking for something different maybe a bit more manly. I've used Talley and Leupold with great success all around.

Thanks in advance

I used the TPS 20MOA base and their medium rings. They seem to be very stout. I could have gotton away with the low rings though, and probably still had a little clearance. Here is a link and what they look like on my rifle. http://www.tacticalprecision.com/index.htm
243AI.jpg

+1 for TPS, I used one of their bases on a 700 I put together for a friend, it was incredibly sturdy and well built. Never used the rings though, I usually use the badgers, but lately I have been trying out the burris tactical rings, those seem pretty strong as well.

As mentioned, Seekins Rings and Base. I like them more than the Badgers I have, and they are also reasonably priced. Glen is an awesome guy to deal with as well.

Recently I had to purchase a couple of specialty bases for Remington's. after getting the run around from a few places I happened on to Ken Farrell (kenfarrell.com or 1-660-438-9456) the lady on the phone, I believe her name was Dixie hooked me up with the bases and rings I wanted. when they arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and unique style of there machine work. I would highly recommend them.
UB

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.