Recommendation for base/rings

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by huntem, Nov 8, 2006.

1. huntem

huntem Well-Known Member

Just picked up a VX-III LR/T 6.5-20x50mm w/30mm tube to mounted on a SH .308 Rem 700 Police. I was curious on the type/height if rings you think I'll need. I'm sure a set of Leupold medium rings would do the trick.

Just looking for something different maybe a bit more manly. I've used Talley and Leupold with great success all around.

Thanks in advance

2. cinch

cinch Well-Known Member

I have this same scope on a Sendero with Leupold PRW and I am sure they are high rings.

3. TMR

TMR Well-Known Member

I used the TPS 20MOA base and their medium rings. They seem to be very stout. I could have gotton away with the low rings though, and probably still had a little clearance. Here is a link and what they look like on my rifle. http://www.tacticalprecision.com/index.htm [​IMG]

4. sharpshooter1

sharpshooter1 Well-Known Member

+1 for TPS, I used one of their bases on a 700 I put together for a friend, it was incredibly sturdy and well built. Never used the rings though, I usually use the badgers, but lately I have been trying out the burris tactical rings, those seem pretty strong as well.

5. MagMan

MagMan Well-Known Member

6. craigp40

craigp40 Well-Known Member

As mentioned, Seekins Rings and Base. I like them more than the Badgers I have, and they are also reasonably priced. Glen is an awesome guy to deal with as well.

7. uncleB

uncleB Well-Known Member

Recently I had to purchase a couple of specialty bases for Remington's. after getting the run around from a few places I happened on to Ken Farrell (kenfarrell.com or 1-660-438-9456) the lady on the phone, I believe her name was Dixie hooked me up with the bases and rings I wanted. when they arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and unique style of there machine work. I would highly recommend them.
    UB

8. 338LM

338LM Well-Known Member

Seekins Precision