recomendation for portable ballistic software

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by motrapper, Jul 2, 2008.

1. motrapper

motrapper Well-Known Member

pocket pc or palm to run night force or exbal lets here it from the pros
    and then can you point me in the direction to buy it
    thanks
    sid

2. 4xforfun

4xforfun Well-Known Member

I have a Dell Axim 50, the NightForce balistics software, and a Kestrol 3500 portable weather station. Everything you need!!! EBAY for the Dell, Bill Shehane for the balistic software, and get the weather station where ever you want.

Good Luck!
    Tod

3. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

4. Chopaka81

Chopaka81 Well-Known Member

I picked up HP I-Paq off of e-bay. It runs Windows Mobile 6.0. It does an excellent job with Exbal. I use the WiFi port on the I-paq to surf the web.
    Don

5. moochy28

moochy28 Well-Known Member

I will second the Nightforce software.

6. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

Perry Systems

(361) 584-1424 Gerald L. Perry

I'm no pro, but this is the guy that is behind Exbal, which is the Nightforce software.

Give him a call. He likes the Dell Pocket PC (PPC) though Dell is no longer making them. He'll definitely reccomend a PPC over a Palm. Last year this time he was using a Dell Axim X50 himself. I got a Dell Axim X30, I think it is, off ebay pretty cheap and it's worked great. As always, there's a bit of a learning curve.

Good luck.

7. drbobc

drbobc Well-Known Member

Pocket PC for Exbal

For numerous years I wrote for a computer magazine and understand the advantages and disadvantages of a pocket pc (smartphone is an example) and palm pilot. The palmpilot is probably more efficient and smaller but the pocket pc will provide more thorough ballistic information. As I recall Exbal's price structure, the pocket pc version is cheaper. Check out impactguns.com. They carry all three. In fact, it might be a good idea to call them because they really understand the products they sell. You could probably call Nightforce also tel 208.476.9814 which is based in Idaho as I recall.

bob chronister