recomend me a gunsmith

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by 14cm, Apr 18, 2010.

1. 14cm

14cm Active Member

i have a cz 527 in .223 this is an awsome little rifle. however I would like to have it rechamber it to 6x45. who would you all recomend

2. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

Cloud Peak Gunworks Home Page

Great guy, knows his stuff and does beautiful work. He will give advice if asked but does not try to push his ideas and theories on you. Give him a call

3. WesB

WesB Well-Known Member

Check out Chad Dixon's, aka Nesikachad, posts here on LRH. He's building a rifle for me at this time. Give him a call, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
    http://longriflesinc.com/
    Wes

4. Kevin Cram

Kevin Cram <b>SPONSOR</b>

I'd be happy to work with you on this round. It's not widely used in the US but it is a neat little wild cat round with many benefits. Its muzzle velocity is not all that fast for light 60ish grain bullets and muzzle velocity will barely reach 3000 fps. For a super light weight varmint rifle capable of a couple hundred yards it's pretty cool. For a coyote hunter interested in minimal pelt damage this is a great cartridge. Standard .223 brass just necked up to 6mm and fire formed don't get much simpler than that. I kind of forgot about this round until I seen the post.

5. yobuck

yobuck Well-Known Member

many moons ago remington chambered their 40 x rifles in something like that.
    it was fairly popular among varmit class benchresters.
    simply a 222 necked up to 6mm, and called the 6/47.
    no relation to the modern 6/47 or coarse.