recoil lug question

buckdeer

i just received two holland recoil lug for future rem 700 projects. the question is: the holland lugs are set up to be pinned, so is it more accurate to be pinned or is it just so you can make a switch barrel gun if you want? in other words do i pin or not i'm not interested in a switch barrel gun i will just build a whole new one i want another cal. (more toys the better) i do want the most accurate rifle if possible.thanks

Buckdeer,

I use Holland Comp Recoil lugs exclusively on the Rem 700 extreme range rifles I produce in my shop.

They are the best I have used as far as strength, rigidity and easy of bedding with their tapered foot design.

The Pin is designed for holding the pin when changing barrels and nothing more. There is no accuracy advantage to pinning the lug as long as you take care to get the lug positioned level when you seat the barrel.

I do not pin any of Holland lugs I use if they will not have their barrels removed.

Good Shooting!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts