Recoil Galore!!!

Wow that was bad. I just got a 300 rum and first time out a friend tried to shoot it and did not know how to get on a scope and it split his eyebrow clear open. It has occured to me that very high power guns are a danger to the inexperienced. Stay away unless they are yours.

[ QUOTE ]
Wow that was bad. I just got a 300 rum and first time out a friend tried to shoot it and did not know how to get on a scope and it split his eyebrow clear open. It has occured to me that very high power guns are a danger to the inexperienced. Stay away unless they are yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only happened with my 378 WBY when I removed the break! Factory 270 gr Hornies at 3220 fps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I was only shooting 168's and not at max load either. I tried to tell him what to do, he thought he know better. He thought he was backing off the scope not seeing ffov but he was actually going closer. Now no one shoots it but me.
Thankfull it was minor in that the cut stayed closed, but he did flip out and we had to leave. It was a huge waste of a trip. I now have a rubber guard on it just in case.

I quit letting people shoot my 454Casual for just that reason,nobody got hurt but I got tired of picking it up off the ground /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Coarse it wouldnt have ben so bad if I had not deminstraited it with 45lc loads and then handed it to them with 300 grain full house Casual loads in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
A 600 nitro express and I thought I liket a beating.
Shot my 50BMG without the brake once...Just once /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mach V this is my limt right here:

<font color="purple">
""A while back i posted about this guy who casts T-rex bullets (50 cal 700 grain).
http://cgi.ebay.com/SMITH-WESSON-500-DIA...1QQcmdZViewItem

So I ordered some, loaded 10 of them up to 28 gr of LILgun (30 is max in the provided data) and headed to the range.

I took carefull aim at the huge Wyoming hill 100 yards away from me and
KABOOOOOOOM!

The muzzle went vertical, unburned powder burned my face and opened my skin--from the gas ports, the concussion moved my skin a foot backwards, the sound deafened me the hill was in pain and the Oehler 35P read 1230 fps!

It was like I was shooting a contender in 416 Remington! These loads had the most rearward recoil (staight back) of ANY other handgun load I have ever fired!

Holy nuts people! next shot read 1205 and the next 1235 fps.

Needless to say the remaining 7 went back home with me!

I shot my 378 WBY and my 416 WBY plenty of times without the KDF recoil suppressor. Hurt like hell and I did not mind it so much.

But this BEE-ACH!!!

Totally different animal. Feels like an earthquake made love to a nuclear explosion and you're enjoying the offsprings...in your palm!!!
Everyone should try these at least once! ""
</font>

05_1.JPG

getImage.jpg

500a.jpg

Sould be 3".
It has a Leupold LR 6.5-20-50 and I made shure I turned it down to 6.5 when he shot.

I still cant believe that video clip. I cringed at the gun flying past him and then hitting the ground. They need a bungee shock cord attached to the ceiling

[ QUOTE ]

I still cant believe that video clip. I cringed at the gun flying past him and then hitting the ground. They need a bungee shock cord attached to the ceiling

[/ QUOTE ]

And a catchers mask /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I shoot a 460Wby with 500gr full-house loads. I weigh in @ 146 lbs soaking wet. I'd bet that would make a funny video.

I'd shoot it more often but I'm developing neck problems. My doctor can't figure out why. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts