Recoil Galore!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by POP, May 18, 2006.

1. POP

POP Well-Known Member

Here is a video

600 Nitro express in a handgun

[​IMG]

2. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

EXCELLENT! Couldnt quit laughing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. POP

POP Well-Known Member

I am surprised his forehead did not split open. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

I bet the owner of that gun is not very happy!!!

5. robbor

robbor Well-Known Member

Wow that was bad. I just got a 300 rum and first time out a friend tried to shoot it and did not know how to get on a scope and it split his eyebrow clear open. It has occured to me that very high power guns are a danger to the inexperienced. Stay away unless they are yours.

6. POP

POP Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow that was bad. I just got a 300 rum and first time out a friend tried to shoot it and did not know how to get on a scope and it split his eyebrow clear open. It has occured to me that very high power guns are a danger to the inexperienced. Stay away unless they are yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only happened with my 378 WBY when I removed the break! Factory 270 gr Hornies at 3220 fps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

7. robbor

robbor Well-Known Member

I was only shooting 168's and not at max load either. I tried to tell him what to do, he thought he know better. He thought he was backing off the scope not seeing ffov but he was actually going closer. Now no one shoots it but me.
    Thankfull it was minor in that the cut stayed closed, but he did flip out and we had to leave. It was a huge waste of a trip. I now have a rubber guard on it just in case.

8. POP

POP Well-Known Member

What was the eye relief on your RUM? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

I quit letting people shoot my 454Casual for just that reason,nobody got hurt but I got tired of picking it up off the ground /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    Coarse it wouldnt have ben so bad if I had not deminstraited it with 45lc loads and then handed it to them with 300 grain full house Casual loads in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    A 600 nitro express and I thought I liket a beating.
    Shot my 50BMG without the brake once...Just once /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. POP

POP Well-Known Member

Mach V this is my limt right here:

<font color="purple">
    ""A while back i posted about this guy who casts T-rex bullets (50 cal 700 grain).
    http://cgi.ebay.com/SMITH-WESSON-500-DIA...1QQcmdZViewItem

So I ordered some, loaded 10 of them up to 28 gr of LILgun (30 is max in the provided data) and headed to the range.

I took carefull aim at the huge Wyoming hill 100 yards away from me and
    KABOOOOOOOM!

The muzzle went vertical, unburned powder burned my face and opened my skin--from the gas ports, the concussion moved my skin a foot backwards, the sound deafened me the hill was in pain and the Oehler 35P read 1230 fps!

It was like I was shooting a contender in 416 Remington! These loads had the most rearward recoil (staight back) of ANY other handgun load I have ever fired!

Holy nuts people! next shot read 1205 and the next 1235 fps.

Needless to say the remaining 7 went back home with me!

I shot my 378 WBY and my 416 WBY plenty of times without the KDF recoil suppressor. Hurt like hell and I did not mind it so much.

But this BEE-ACH!!!

Totally different animal. Feels like an earthquake made love to a nuclear explosion and you're enjoying the offsprings...in your palm!!!
    Everyone should try these at least once! ""
    </font>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. robbor

robbor Well-Known Member

Sould be 3".
    It has a Leupold LR 6.5-20-50 and I made shure I turned it down to 6.5 when he shot.

I still cant believe that video clip. I cringed at the gun flying past him and then hitting the ground. They need a bungee shock cord attached to the ceiling

12. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]

I still cant believe that video clip. I cringed at the gun flying past him and then hitting the ground. They need a bungee shock cord attached to the ceiling

[/ QUOTE ]

And a catchers mask /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. POP

POP Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Sould be 3".
    They need a bungee shock cord attached to the ceiling

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

14. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

I shoot a 460Wby with 500gr full-house loads. I weigh in @ 146 lbs soaking wet. I'd bet that would make a funny video.

I'd shoot it more often but I'm developing neck problems. My doctor can't figure out why. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif