Rechambering question

Obsessed

Can a 22-250 Remington Long Action 700 ADL be rebarrelled and rechambered to say a 338. Does anyone know of a good LR smith in the Nebraska,Colorado or Wyoming area.
Also, any recommendations as to who you would recommend to rechamber/barrel this gun? Thank you.

rebarrel sure , rechamber surely not except making a reborring rerifling !!!!

with a 22.250 you have a short action ( 308 case size ) you can open the bolt face to allow mag case but short action doesn t acpet very long cartridge as 338 RUM , best way is to sale your rem and to purchase a Savage 110 in mag ( 300 mag for example ) the Savage is very long action and you can rebarrel in 338 RUM or 338/300 RUM .

Note except for muzzle energy 338 cal is nice but 6.5 or 30 cal can be able to shoot very far at lower cost and with less recoil .

good shooting

DAN TEC

Obsessed are you sure you have a long action?
Most 22-250s are short action rifles like DANTEC said maybe you have a 1 of rifle and in that case I say buy a new one. JMHO
wink.gif

Sorry you are right, it is a short. I am trying to get a friend of mine into LRH and he has this 22-250 that he no longer uses. Thought it might be an inexpensive way for him to get into a Magnum LR gun. Back to the drawing board, thanks for straightening me out!!

It will also work great as a 308 just ask Wyo Whisper
wink.gif

For it to be a 308 all he'll need is a new barrel and I'm sure he'll be able to find one of those for a reasonable price.

[ 08-25-2003: Message edited by: Texas ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.