Recent bow kill

whack-n-stack

In my profile, I mentioned we had a lot hogs. I was sitting in a tripod stand that overlooks a feeder on our place hoping for a fat doe. Had a couple of small yearling bucks but no does. It was late and I was about out of light, when this whopper appeared. I managed to get the arrow in the right place, despite low light. Had to recover in the dark in some of the thickest cover on the place, sometimes crawling on hands and knees. I don't have scales, but judging by the struggle I had to drag 60 yards back to the open, I'm guessing over 300 pounds. This is the biggest hog I have taken, rifle or bow. Photo was taken the next morning, before going to work, and I did not have my bow. Hope everybody enjoys. Have some other photos of hogs harvested. If I can find, I'll get them on here soon.

100_0635-1.jpg

Now that's a lot of porkchops. Bow hunting these critters is a lot of fun. We have an abundant supply in most parts of Florida. A great way to fill in between hunting seasons.

Congratulations.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.