Rebuild Tikka T3 or new Sako TRG-22?

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by Jeff W, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

Looking for my first long range rifle and am trying to decide between buying new or getting a used rifle & having it customized. My two choices after reading every forum on the subject and countless google searches are a new sako trg-22 or a used (probably 10 years old) tikka t3 sporter. The tikka is owed by a good friends dad that is the sceond owner. He bought it from a friend of his that shot it in competitions. A couple of things about buying used is i would like to put a A-5 stock on it & how much the gunsmithing is going to cost to change stock & replacing/upgrading barrel or any worn parts. I guess what im asking is the t3 worth $400 to buy + gunsmith charges to get it back in excellent condition.

2. TimeOnTarget

TimeOnTarget Well-Known Member

T3's havent been around 10 years. Or maybe im just getting old and cant keep track of time.

The previous model was a 695/595. Much better rifle than the t3 if you ask me.....

3. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

The current owners has had it for three years + the original owner, so maybe its four-five years old.

4. TikkaShooters

TikkaShooters Official LRH Sponsor

We have everything you need for a custom Tikka. T3, 595, or 695

You can build a custom Tikka for much less than a TRG22. The TRG is a great gun, but being able to customize your gun is more fun.

5. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

YES it is worth 400 bucks. I just build a custom on a T3 action and it turned out wonderfully. The cheapest option is contact Devin at Sin Arms he specializes in them and I hear he does great work

6. Tikkamike

Jason I still owe you a write Up I have not forgotten just been busy

7. TimeOnTarget

How do you get ahold of him? I can never get him to call me back or email me back..

I know hes a bery busy guy, is there a better way to reach him?

8. Tikkamike

I have had problems getting ahold of him also, I guess just keep waiting for an email??

9. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

Sorry but lets start all over, i just went and looked at the rifle for the first time and its a 595 sporter 308 with stainless barrel.

10. Tikkamike

buy it or pm me his number so I can buy it

11. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

For $400 buy it NOW. Don't rebuild it before shooting it first.

12. TimeOnTarget

BUY IT!....RIGHT NOW!!!

the 595/695s are awesome rifles.. and yes shoot it first. They are tack drivers..