Rebuild Tikka T3 or new Sako TRG-22?

Jeff W

Looking for my first long range rifle and am trying to decide between buying new or getting a used rifle & having it customized. My two choices after reading every forum on the subject and countless google searches are a new sako trg-22 or a used (probably 10 years old) tikka t3 sporter. The tikka is owed by a good friends dad that is the sceond owner. He bought it from a friend of his that shot it in competitions. A couple of things about buying used is i would like to put a A-5 stock on it & how much the gunsmithing is going to cost to change stock & replacing/upgrading barrel or any worn parts. I guess what im asking is the t3 worth $400 to buy + gunsmith charges to get it back in excellent condition.

T3's havent been around 10 years. Or maybe im just getting old and cant keep track of time.

The previous model was a 695/595. Much better rifle than the t3 if you ask me.....

The current owners has had it for three years + the original owner, so maybe its four-five years old.

We have everything you need for a custom Tikka. T3, 595, or 695

You can build a custom Tikka for much less than a TRG22. The TRG is a great gun, but being able to customize your gun is more fun.

YES it is worth 400 bucks. I just build a custom on a T3 action and it turned out wonderfully. The cheapest option is contact Devin at Sin Arms he specializes in them and I hear he does great work

YES it is worth 400 bucks. I just build a custom on a T3 action and it turned out wonderfully. The cheapest option is contact Devin at Sin Arms he specializes in them and I hear he does great work

How do you get ahold of him? I can never get him to call me back or email me back..

I know hes a bery busy guy, is there a better way to reach him?

Sorry but lets start all over, i just went and looked at the rifle for the first time and its a 595 sporter 308 with stainless barrel.

BUY IT!....RIGHT NOW!!!

the 595/695s are awesome rifles.. and yes shoot it first. They are tack drivers..

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.