Rebarrel a Browning Bar

E4aker

I have a Browning BAR Mark II safari in 300 win mag that I bought about 10 years ago......It's in dire need of a new barrel. I was wondering if someone knew of a gunsmith capable of doing this with a match grade barrel, and I was wondering what kind of price to expect. I know this is not considered a long range rifle....But it has shot it's share of whitetails and does have some sentimental value to me. I could never sell it. I just want to get her shooting again. Thanks, Earl

Rotary bolt, which makes for interrupted cut locking lugs that appear to be integral with the barrel (no barrel extension), gas port,,,,,,,,, if you'd have an individual gunsmith rebarrel that, you'd be looking at the price of a new BAR rifle, or more..... There'd be so much specialized tooling and time involved it'd just not cost effective, for the owner or the gunsmith.

Rotary bolt, which makes for interrupted cut locking lugs that appear to be integral with the barrel (no barrel extension), gas port,,,,,,,,, if you'd have an individual gunsmith rebarrel that, you'd be looking at the price of a new BAR rifle, or more..... There'd be so much specialized tooling and time involved it'd just not cost effective, for the owner or the gunsmith.

Wow, I see. I didn't realize the locking lugs are integral with the barrel. Yea, that's a whole 'nother ballgame. Now I understand why I can't find anywhere, even on Browning's site, information on it. In fact, on B site, I don't even see an offering to rebarrel Xbolts or Abolts.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.