Rebarrel 7mm08

I have a remington 700 7mm08 that I want to rebarrel. My plan is to send it to Douglass and have them do the work. I want a 20" barrel and I think a standard or med sporter conture. I want to keep the rifle light but I also want to use it in 3gun side match for med range competetion 500 yards and less. Looking for reconmendations.

Thanks
Greg

Greg:

Please correct me if I am wrong. Douglas is a barrel manufacture. I am assume they will supply the barrel and do the work. Who knows their products better than them. Why are you not asking them which of their products meets your needs.

Nat Lambeth

Yes I will be talking to them about that. I thought somebody might have some reconmendations based on personal experience.

If you want opinions on barrel length/weight/cartridge for use as a tactical and/or 3-gun competition rifle, you might want to re-post under the barrels section or hunting section of this forum or possibly on snipershide.

Depending on the type of competition, there could be running and high volume fire, etc that might affect your decision for barrel and overall rifle weight as well as cartridge. I don't follow 3gun closely, but I haven't seen much long range shooting and they often supply the rifle for that station. ...although match formats vary widely, I think.

-- richard

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.