RDM416's new 338 Kubla Kahn...(pics)

Re: RDM416\'s new 338 Kubla Kahn...(pics)

TMR,

I think those were 1" high rings. For me, an A-5 stocked rifle with a 50mm objective scope does not need an adjustable CP but my face is relatively long. For a 56mm I would want an adjustable CP but not with a 50 or smaller objective.

Kirby Allen(50)

Outstanding work as usual!! Just out of curiosity, how durable is the teflon coating??

Wow, Now that is an absolutely beautiful rifle! I want one just like it in .338 AM. How much does this one weigh? Beautiful work by both smiths.

Kirby,
As I said in my PM.........AWESOME! I'm very happy with the way the color turned out on the stock. The stock and the green Teflon from Shawn look great together. I can't wait to get my hands on her and send one (or two or three.......) down the barrel.

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments on the rifle. Of course all the kudos go to Kirby and Shawn. All I did was shell out the bucks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I will take partial credit for the color scheme though, Kirby and I collaborated on that part.

Yes, this makes Kubla Kahn #2. Sometimes when I am out shooting crows the action gets so hot that I heat the barrel up and need two rifles so the barrel can cool on one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No, really I just like the Kahn and decided I wanted to have one built from the ground up. I am going to send the other back to Kirby and have him turn it into something else. Maybe a 7mm AM??!!

I'll give you guys a full report in a couple of weeks when I get the barrel broke in. I have got my range extended to 1000 yards now. I can't wait to see what she will do at that range. If this one is like Kirby's other creations I expect it will shoot better that I can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.