RCBS Trim Mate

InTheTenRing

New to reloading and one of the items I bought is a Trim Mate. It doesnt work very well? It doesnt seem to chamfer very well. I guess the outside of the brass is just to be debured but it looks like its not doin anything. That tool also has a screw through it? is that for changing the diameter for different brass? My carbide hand tool works so much better, any thoughts or suggestions? And does anyone know where I can get carbide tools for this thing? Thanks. gun)

New to reloading and one of the items I bought is a Trim Mate. It doesnt work very well? It doesnt seem to chamfer very well. I guess the outside of the brass is just to be debured but it looks like its not doin anything. That tool also has a screw through it? is that for changing the diameter for different brass? My carbide hand tool works so much better, any thoughts or suggestions? And does anyone know where I can get carbide tools for this thing? Thanks. gun)

I'm with you. It doesn't work well for me either. I've gone back to using hand tools to prep brass. It's about as fast or faster and the results seem to be much better. The chamfer tool on the Trim Mate tool is particularly annoying.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.