RCBS Precision Mic

Blacktail2

Has anybody been using this Mic for measuring headspace,and bullet seating depth? Do you like it? I have a 7wsm coming which I have never handloaded for,so I have been buying some new reloading equipment for this cal.In the past I have used the Redding Instant Indicator for these tasks, but it appears that they do not make one for the 7wsm yet.

I have used them, and they require a certain amount of 'feel' if you will. Read the instructions. This time it is important to do so, and it may just keep you from ruining it.

I set up my 300 WM dies with one, and then double checked everything later when I bought the Stoney Point stuff, and I got the same readings.

The RCBS is a more expensive way to go, but it does work fine.

I use the RCBS mics in all of mine and love them. When I began using these, a concentricity gauge, and turning the necks, my groups tightened up and were much more consistent. I highly recommend them.

I bought the Stoney Point set but felt there was a bit too much "play" while using the dial calipers, so I sent it back to Sinclair.

Do not over tighten the RCBS mic when checking finished ammo. You will have to get used to that "feel" mentioned in the first reply. Try practicing on some factory ammo.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.