rcbs elect. scales /tricklers

Jimm

I know this is an old subject ,thats why I'm making it new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Perhaps there ars some folks out there that have new first hand exp. with the new rcbs combo scale /trickler?

I just got a new RCBS 1500 chargemaster kit from Cabela's last week. I have had no experience with any of the older versions of electric scales but I have heard some nothing good about them. I am really impressed with my new one that I got. I check the first 40 rounds agains a set of 5-0-5's and they were dead nut on 38 loads and within .1 on the other 2. Cleaning out the powder when you are done is not the easiest but not bad. I don't like picking the unit up and draining the powder out the side. Overall I really like the electronic version a lot better than the old weigh each load by hand and have Reloader 22 hang up in the throat of a 25-06 case every time.

HAve had mine for awhile now and love it. Very accurate and fast as well. A trick I do is keep 2 powder pans handy that have the same weight to them. Makes the process even faster.

Drain is a pain but not that bad to deal with

Lab

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts