Rate these scopes.

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Guest, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm looking for a mid-range power variable scope with a 30mm tube.I also wnat at least 3.5 in of eye relief and European diopter focus.The 3 I'm considering are the Kahles 2.5x10x50,the Leupold LPS 2.5x10x45,and the Zeiss Conquest 3x12x56.Ruggedness,ability to withstand recoil(going on a 338RUM),and low light clarity and resolution.All for under 1K(asking a lot ain't I) Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. lovdasnow

lovdasnow Well-Known Member

sorry, not a ton of help, but my hunting buddy LOVES his LPS...good luck with your decision.

3. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

One scope I'd add to your list is the IOR 2.5-10X42 Tactical. To be clear, the only reason I say that is that's probably the next scope I'm going to buy and this is based upon my love for my IOR 4-14 so far--not actually comparing all the scopes you listed. So just take that FWIW (maybe not much, but it's all I've got).

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I can only comment on the Loopie. I have them mounted on my 300, 338 & 375 RUMS and I love them. I've had them mounted on my 50 BMG for over a year (until I got a NightForce) - but the 50 actually puts less impulse on the scope than the 338 or 375 RUM. My dad spoiled me with loopie glass when I was a kid, my eyes just like it. Loopie customer service is the best.

5. duckinalaska

duckinalaska Well-Known Member

Your luck my friend,
    I have all three scopes that you have listed.Although my Kahles is a 4-12x52 multi-zero, is one you are talking about a muli-zero? This is a pretty neat scope. I have to say that in my opinion the zeiss has the best glass, but everyone's eyes are different. Leupolds are great scopes. They have good glass and are durable. I guess I am not much help, but if I were to recommend one I would say go for the zeiss.
    Brandon