Rate the Following Scopes ....

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by tulku, Oct 23, 2013.

1. tulku

tulku Well-Known Member

I know some of you guys keep up on the latest Optics . For long Range Varminting ( daylight only ) out to a Maximum 1200 Yards , and using the Reticle for Windage & Elevation ( no Knob twiddling ) , Rate the following Brands : Nightforce ( BR , NSX , Competition ) , Schmidt & Bender , US Optics , Swarovski , Zeiss ( high end ) , Zeiss Conquest , Meopta , March , Bushnell Elite ( 4200 , 6500 ) , Sightron S-3 , Leupold LRT ( V whatever variation you like ) , Leupold- Premier , Premier , Burris Black Diamond , Weaver ( GS , SS ) , Nikon ( Monarch , Buckmaster ) , IOR Valdada , Kahles , and whichever Brand & Model .... I forgot and you wish to add . You can Rate them Best to Worst Individually or in Groups . Also pick the " Biggest Bang for the Buck " . TIA .

2. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

Not asking much right?:)

If you searched threads pertaining to those scopes you are interested in, I bet you could find volumes of replies already..,...

We've beat the hell out of every scope made and discussed them all, already.....

Just say'in.....

3. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Schmidt & Bender , US Optics , Swarovski , Zeiss ( high end ) , Zeiss Conquest

There's my list. Anything else is an also ran

4. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

YUP!

5. SidecarFlip

Hey Sully...

I'll trade you a used Rockchucker (that you can use for an extra wheel chock) for your motorhome for a Schmidt and Bender. Always wanted one and almost bought one last year but bought a Rolex instead.:D

6. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

What Flip & Sully said.

List was too long to even read but I do think you left out Kaspa.

7. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

List is to long, I'm not going to try I will however answer the question, anything high magnification, FFP with an H59 rectical

8. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Im down to my last 5 payments on the coach....no way you can pry that thing away from me

9. tulku

tulku Well-Known Member

Thanks guys , I appreciate the comments ..... I looked at a lot of the old Posts since I have time on my hands recouperating from failed Surgery . Every year there are improvements in Scopes . I have the older Nightforces , Leupolds , etc. The newer Nightforce Competition is supposed to be considerably better , and I don't know anyone who owns one or has a March , a S&B , or a Premier . Also I think most on this Site are interested in Big Game , that's why I was Varmint specific . Old news is old News . Sorry to have taxed your reading abilities ( cut the List down to whatever you have experience with ) .....was hoping for some updated info. ......OK , so how about Rating the newer Models of the top Six ?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  10. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Im not a big game man because of health reasons...so basically for me is if I cant pick it up dead with one hand...its too big for me to hunt...:D

11. SidecarFlip

The used rockchucker wheel chock or the S&B or the coach? Don't want a coach. Bad enough driving an 18 wheeler. Everything else in negotiable...:D

12. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger Well-Known Member

Pick as scope and do a You Tube search. Like say the S+B or the USO. . Tiboasarus Rex gives a fairly exaugstive review on several Alpha scopes