Rant

EddieHarren

That John Deere banner ad is the most annoying, blatantly obtrusive ad I ever seen. I hope someone is making a ton of money off of it.

That John Deere banner ad is the most annoying, blatantly obtrusive ad I ever seen. I hope someone is making a ton of money off of it.

Ed there is already a 5 or 6 page thread about it. I'm all for this site but the advertising SUX! I use a lot of sites (CRAP IT JUST POPPED UP TWICE) and none of them are pay sites and none of them have these adds.

I find it slightly odd that you guys direct your fury at JD, they have nothing to do with how the ad functions on the site nor control it, Len and the advertising he's paid for control it!! I've been whacked a couple times by the JD ad but I got hit a dozen times this morning by the Wyoming ad so are we going to hold Wyoming responsible for pop up ads on Lens website, get a grip guys, any roll over ad on this site for anything is going to open unless you have software filtering it or Len changes the site :rolleyes:

I find it slightly odd that you guys direct your fury at JD, they have nothing to do with how the ad functions on the site nor control it, Len and the advertising he's paid for control it!! I've been whacked a couple times by the JD ad but I got hit a dozen times this morning by the Wyoming ad so are we going to hold Wyoming responsible for pop up ads on Lens website, get a grip guys, any roll over ad on this site for anything is going to open unless you have software filtering it or Len changes the site :rolleyes:

Not holding them responsible per say just stating our opinions I suppose.

I still don't know why I have never seen it behave like you describe.

Guys, I will see if I can get it removed or at least toned down.

I'm on this site most everyday and have never been distracted by any advertising. I run a AVG Firewall and Anti Virus so it may be blocking what you fellas are referring to.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.