Rant on Brownells Free Shipping

Jerryrva

So I ordered some dies, cleaning brushes, ammo and a Sig Red Dot sight. Checkout said promo code doesn't apply to Sig products. So I had to delete the red dot to get free shipping. I ordered the other stuff. Then ordered the sight by itself. Although shipping was only 3.95 on it, they lost money on that when it could have been put in the other box that is going out at the same time. If it wasn't on sale cheaper than anywhere else, I would have got it at Optics Planet with free shipping. A lot of Brownells discount codes don't apply to scopes, barrels, triggers, etc. Kinda sucks.

So I ordered some dies, cleaning brushes, ammo and a Sig Red Dot sight. Checkout said promo code doesn't apply to Sig products. So I had to delete the red dot to get free shipping. I ordered the other stuff. Then ordered the sight by itself. Although shipping was only 3.95 on it, they lost money on that when it could have been put in the other box that is going out at the same time. If it wasn't on sale cheaper than anywhere else, I would have got it at Optics Planet with free shipping. A lot of Brownells discount codes don't apply to scopes, barrels, triggers, etc. Kinda sucks.
Midway does similar-" birthday " discount is about 30% off then suddenly a blind person can't figure out how to group/ box/ ship and certainly if a backorder occurs standard single shipping across the board. You get rammed as they'll package the smallest parts individuallly and charge max shipping.