Rangefinder

new shooter

Help me out here. Witch one to get for my grandson ? Zeiss Victory 8x26 T PRF Laser Rangefinder or Bushell Fusion 1600 arc rangefinder Bino ? Thanks for input. joe

Ok how do the zeiss victory 8x 25 T PRF compare to the Leica 1200 or 1600 compare ? Any one out there have zeiss victory 8x25 T PRF ? Thanks joe

I have Leica 1600, so far I like it. I don't think you can go wrong buying the Zeiss either.[/QUOT Could tell me more on your leica 1600 will it range in bright sun ? Have you range out to 1300 yards on small rocks or deer ? Thanks for info. Joe

I havethe Zeiss and have ranged Angus calves to 1400 yds in bright sun and cloudy days both. Ranged barns to 1600 yds. Haven't had a chance to use it on deer yet.
Russ

I ranged some calfs this weekend 725 and some bushes at over a 1000. I just got it, and haven't played with very much. It ranges really fast and I like the bright red aiming retical. I don't like that it doesn't have a tripod adapter.

I havethe Zeiss and have ranged Angus calves to 1400 yds in bright sun and cloudy days both. Ranged barns to 1600 yds. Haven't had a chance to use it on deer yet.
Russ

Russ is the lazer fast ? Have you every look through a Leica or used one. Can you till me y you decided to go with the Zeiss ? I am going to get one or the outher just wan't to get the one that will range in all kinds of weather. Thanks for your time. Joe

The Zeiss is fast. when you release the button you have the reading. If you see little red lines moving acrossed the lower edge you probably aren't going to get a reading, your target is too far or not reflective enough. Have never used the Leica. I did a lot of research on the Zeiss and it seemed to fit my needs. I was comparing the Bushnell 1600 and the Zeiss. The Zeiss glass is clear and sharp and the company has a good reputation. The Zeiss was less expensive too. I would like a tri-pod mount but there is a work around on that. I haven't had the unit long enough to use it in snowy conditions. Come to think of it have not had it out in rainy conditions either. Now you have me curious, I'll have to try it the next rain we get.
Russ

I was reading that the lower the bean divergence numbers the better. The swarovski range finder is 2.5x 2.5 . The bean divergence for ziess is 4.0x2.0. So do anyone know the bean divergence number for Leica 1600 or bushnell Fussion 1600 ARC bino ? Thanks Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.