Rangefinder

i was kind of leaning toward the zeiss unitl a buddy of mine tried one out at sportsmans warehouse and said it wouldn't range a stuffed black bear at 20 yards or anything else black. i don't know why the color would matter given the wavelength of the laser. who is right in regards to the beam divergence at 1000 yards? i've seen 2 different postings.

I think the guy with the Bushnell 1500 rangefinder meant 255 yards. If it was 1255yards its worth about $1500.00

I was at sportmans last week and ranged all the animals there. some at 15yds and some at 40 yds that included black bears, moose and elk.

i pulled the trigger on the zeiss yesterday. should be here on friday. i'm anxious to see how it performs. $599 shipped to my house for the non-lotutec model. the guy told me if it didn't work well enough i could return it within 10 days.

Give us a range report when you get it Range finders are almost like Ford vs. Chevy or tastes great-less filling.

My Leica LRF 1200 has always woked well for me... the new CRF is even better than my older unit. NJS

for those not venturing far from a vehicle, nothing can touch the military barr & stroud, or wild rangefinders. all the rest are junk compared to those. they will work every time regardless of conditions. if you can see the target you will get a range. ive been using a barr & stroud for over 35 years. i also recently bought a wild on ebay which is as new. ive owned 2 swarovskis one of which i bought recently. im questioning my sanity for buying it. forget the damned reveiws, and what others tell you about them. go out and use one then decide.

I have a B&S but need to find a way to mount it on a regular camera tripod. How do you have yours mounted?

Sorry, but hard to think the review you posted was very objective when the author used sentences directly from the Swaro catalog or web page...

"Monocular laser range finder with perfect image quality due to our patented binocular expertise. Unique technology for accurate measurement even in poor weather conditions and over large distances."

NJS

I was a bit disappointed in the review too. I don't feel ranging buildings with reflective glass tells me what I need to know. Unless, there was a huge Elk mounted in one of the offices. :D

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.