Range report, Remington 5R in .223

klf

I have been running my new 5R in .223 for about two weeks now. I have a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 sitting on a weaver Picatinny base and Millett tactical bases. I have less than 500 rounds through it and she is dumping three shotters in less than a quarter inch at 100 yards. The five shotters are up around the .7" range. I'm using the Sierra 60 grain varmiteer with 22.8 grains of AA 2460. It's a keeper. I shot the groups below on Saturday. The conditions were ideal with no wind. The only limitation was the big loose nut behind the scope. This one is a keeper. It is a sweet little caliber that I can shoot all day long without taking a beating.

I was able to get some range time today. I am still learning to shoot the rifle, cheek weld and all. 100 yards, no wind, and cold as hell.

1001993r.jpg

Sorry for no pics of the rifle. She is pretty stock. The glass is a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.