Range report Question?!?

Silversbullet

I just went out to a firends and set up targets and water jugs....but.

I checked the zero at 100 yrds first shot was low about 2 inches then the next three where all in 1 inch square.....first question

Then I was pleased thinking it was just cold bore or clean gun....

Then I went out to 600 yrds and soon figured i should move up because I was not hitting the mark....

I moved to 250 yrds...and shot at paper target. I put a group in top right cornor aiming at the head of silloute....

Then aiming at center chest I put another group in the right shoulder area....

Why is it so off?!?! I used the ballistic cal. that is on the website Gseven.com one..... I put exact ajustments for range....but did not put wind and there was a tad wind but im more focused on the elevation right now, It was about 7 inches high. PLEASE HELP ME and THANKS!!

first off, welcome to long range shooting.everyone here has gone through what you're going through at one time or another. my question would be what scope do you have and have you checked the repeatability and zero hold on this scope?

I have a SWAT accushot, 8-36x56.

Well, no....I think I know what that is from reading the articles on this fourm...

But could you explain that?

I have adjusted the turrets alot.(not alot but I have adj them)

I just mesured, the bullet was off 5 1/2 inches

and thanks man, and yes I love this site.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.