Range Finders

David Hunter

I am looking for a good rangefinder under $1000. I have a Leica 800 now that I am not satisfied with. I use the range finder resting on a sandbag, so I know it is not me shaking. If the target (whitetail) is over 450 I have trouble getting any readings, sometimes 400 is about all I can get. I want something that will always read to 700 or so. It doesn't have to be a laser model, but I do not want one where the size of the animal influences the reading. Does anyone make a good one that uses focus to get a reading? Maybe the 1200 scan is what I need.

David,

Just something to think about. Leupold is coming out with a series of rangefinders called the RX series. They are supposed to be able to range from 700-1500 depending on the model. We do not have much for information on them, but they are scheduled to be released the end of this year the first of January. Leupold is keeping it hush hush for some reason, but our distributor said they are trying to compete with Leica.

Under a 1000 bucks??

Undoubtably the Swarovski laser guide 1500. If you have 750-850 bucks to put into one, dont waste your time or money with another. You wont be dissapointed with the swaro.

Dont get me wrong the leica 1200 never let me down out to 1225 yards but the optical qualities and distances of the swaro are awesome.

If I was looking for a range finder to range stuff under 1000 yards, which would be the best for me to get? I am in the process of getting the equipment to shoot my 300 WM and 300 RSAUM beyond 535 yards (Range limit) at my deer lease on a power line. I need a rangefinder to set up targets at dif ranges and need to know how far they really are. Any thoughts?

[ QUOTE ]
Under a 1000 bucks??

Undoubtably the Swarovski laser guide 1500. If you have 750-850 bucks to put into one, dont waste your time or money with another. You wont be dissapointed with the swaro.

Dont get me wrong the leica 1200 never let me down out to 1225 yards but the optical qualities and distances of the swaro are awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1000

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.