Range Finders for 1K and beyond .. Opinion DC???

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by *WyoWhisper*, Nov 18, 2001.

1. *WyoWhisper*

*WyoWhisper* Guest

Ok now that I have picked a cal. for 1K and beyond my current range finder is pretty invaluable at those ranges. Again my biggest concern is size/weight with price being the other.
    I need ideas and suggestions as to range finders for this type of hunting.

Thanks in advance for all who answer [​IMG]

2. Darryl Cassel

Darryl Cassel Well-Known Member

Ric

I have the best laser available but, the price is a bit steep for the average guy who is not an avid longrange hunter. It is the Russian military LRU-1 unit and is the MOST powerful available at this time.

It is the size of a pair of binoculars and will range to 12 miles accurately within plus or minus 5 meters
    I have it advertised here on LRH.

I have two for sale and two more coming.

Check it out.

If I gave you a demonstration, you would want it.

Later
    Darryl Cassel

3. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Darryl

How small an object will it range at say---1,000 yards? How easily can you distinguish what is really being ranged? Could you pick out a deer standing in 2 foot tall grass at 1,000 yards?

How much magnification is there in the viewing lens?

4. Darryl Cassel

Darryl Cassel Well-Known Member

It has 7X power and also a lighted reticle with a cross hair.

It comes with it's own tripod and will range anything you put the cross hair (reticle) on.
    You can hold it like a binocular also.

Has a charger and two batteries. along with a carry case for the rangefinder.

There are no finer range finders available to the civilian poipulation then these military units. The Russian is also the most powerful available.

I've used a lot of rangefinders but, these are the best I have had my hands on. It will repeat everytime in any type of weather conditions.

Darryl Cassel

5. *WyoWhisper*

*WyoWhisper* Guest

DC,

Anyway I can get a picture of it..or anywhere to read any info. on it. I know it is only a matter of time until I get somthing like that..but.. I now have to find a way to get the funds....

any layaway or used one available???? [​IMG]