range finder for target work ?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by kidcoltoutlaw, Jul 12, 2002.

1. kidcoltoutlaw

kidcoltoutlaw Well-Known Member

i have a place to shoot but i need the range.i could range half of it then range the other half.or range it in 3 parts. would a cheaper say 400 or 500 hundred dollar model work for this.say if i range it on a sign,thanks,keith

2. Hunter

Hunter Well-Known Member

I've ranged to well over 1300 yards with my inexpensive Bushnell Yardage Pro by setting up red reflectors on a backboard. Works good for target work. Better than waiting for the range finders they put in the M1 Abrams to come down to a working man's price (wouldn't that be nice).

3. CatShooter

CatShooter Well-Known Member

Kid...

The Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 is only about $300. It will read past 1000 on very reflective targets. Get some 2'x2' cardbord, and cover it with aluminum foil... the foil has two sides, one shiny and one frosty... use the frosty side out, and you will be able to read this all the way out.

CatShooter.

4. kidcoltoutlaw

kidcoltoutlaw Well-Known Member

that sounds good,thanks.i also thinking about the wild it 500.00 and they say its good for 20,000 not that i could hit anything that far away,thanks,keith

5. ewallace

ewallace Well-Known Member

The wild is the way to go will range from 300 meters to 20000 meters my 2 cents
    Crow Mag