Ran out of adjustments on Razor HD Gen 1

jpfrog

I had to send my 700LR in .300win mag back to the factory because the chamber was cut crooked, so I decided to take the Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 off of that rifle and see how I like it on a 6.5x47 Lapua that I have never shot. The rifle shoots great with factory 120 Scenar-L ammo, but I'm probably going to bump up to at least the 130/140 weights in a hunting bullet such as an Accubond, ABLR, or maybe the ELD-X.

ANYWAY- shooting the 120s at 100 yards to sight in, I ran out of adjustment. I have a 0 MOA base from EGW, and I still was shooting about 2" high at 100. Not a problem, I just hold 2 minutes low (love the reticle on my Razor) and I'm golden, but I prefer to dial when I can. Do they make negative MOA bases? I have a 15 MOA base on my .308 win and a 20 MOA base on my .300 win mag, but I went with 0 MOA on the 6.5 Lapua because I heard some scopes have problems with adjustments. I don't know of many other scopes that have more adjustment in them than the Razor HD...maybe the Gen II does? I'm not a fan of shims inside the rings, but I guess I'm open to suggestions.

Thoughts?

If I understand you correctly, your bottomed out with a flat rail on top? Not impossible but very unlikely I would think. Are you sure that zero stop is not keeping you up?

Well, I feel like an idiot. This is my first scope with a zero stop and I forgot all about the feature- adjusting it did the trick and I dialed in the extra 2 minutes I needed. I'll get out to the range and confirm next weekend. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.