Ramshot hunter users

elkaholic

I've been trying quite a few powders in my 300 Sherman and have found that the 300 WSM data usually gives me a pretty good start. Is anyone using Ramshot hunter in your WSM's and if so what are you getting for velocity, accuracy and temp tolerance? I've found that RL-17 gives top velocity and good accuracy but poor for temp stability. I am currently using IMR-4831 with my 190's at 3000-3050'. This is a compressed load and I am hoping to get the same velocity and accuracy with something that doesn't quite fill the case up as far. I thought Hunter might be worth a try. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks........Rich

I love Ramshot powders! I've been using them a couple years in the ARs it burns clean, and the pressures/velocity ratios are more friendly.

I'm working on burning off my 4831 stuff, so I can get into developing for my 300WM and 270Win.

Everything I've heard about the Hunter/Ramshot is very Tempurature stable, and you will get great velocity. I don't use a cronograph, so I can't give you examples there. It's shown to be very consistent.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.