Ramshot hunter users

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by elkaholic, Dec 14, 2010.

1. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

I've been trying quite a few powders in my 300 Sherman and have found that the 300 WSM data usually gives me a pretty good start. Is anyone using Ramshot hunter in your WSM's and if so what are you getting for velocity, accuracy and temp tolerance? I've found that RL-17 gives top velocity and good accuracy but poor for temp stability. I am currently using IMR-4831 with my 190's at 3000-3050'. This is a compressed load and I am hoping to get the same velocity and accuracy with something that doesn't quite fill the case up as far. I thought Hunter might be worth a try. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks........Rich

2. BigSkyGP

BigSkyGP Well-Known Member

I love Ramshot powders! I've been using them a couple years in the ARs it burns clean, and the pressures/velocity ratios are more friendly.

I'm working on burning off my 4831 stuff, so I can get into developing for my 300WM and 270Win.

Everything I've heard about the Hunter/Ramshot is very Tempurature stable, and you will get great velocity. I don't use a cronograph, so I can't give you examples there. It's shown to be very consistent.