Ramshot Grand, and did it replace Magnum?

As most of us know,Hodgdon bought out Western Powder Company.Prior to this,TAC,Hunter and Magnum powders that I had were labled as Made in Belgium for Western Powder Company.The more recent powders I've bought have a different packaging label and doesn't have origin on the label.St Marks Powder Company is now the producer for these powders.I didn't notice any load differences in TAC or Hunter that I have between the Belgium powder and the St Marks powder,but duplicating the Magnum powder may have given them some issue and may be why it's being given a new name.Here is an interesting article on St Marks Powder Company. https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/ball-powder-st-marks-powder/462658

I know that. They have never made powder. They do however drop powders. The enduron line, they were having trouble getting it so they dropped it. Imr red, blue, green target, unequal. There are numerous others over the last 5 decades. Tired of working up loads everytime they decide to drop a powder. Ive moved on.
I feel ya…but at least where I'm at at least I can FIND hodgdon brand powder OF ANY KIND. Dropped powders aren't as frustrating as zero brand availability once you've come to like something…I'm looking at YOU Alliant….🤣

I feel ya…but at least where I'm at at least I can FIND hodgdon brand powder OF ANY KIND. Dropped powders aren't as frustrating as zero brand availability once you've come to like something…I'm looking at YOU Alliant….🤣
I know some of the Accurate brand powder was made in Canada.The Accurate 4350 and Accurate 4064 had that on the label.But since Hodgdon acquired them too,that may have changed.With the wars going on,the plant that was producing it is probably producing powder for the militaries now.Probably same thing with Alliant.

I know some of the Accurate brand powder was made in Canada.The Accurate 4350 and Accurate 4064 had that on the label.But since Hodgdon acquired them too,that may have changed.With the wars going on,the plant that was producing it is probably producing powder for the militaries now.Probably same thing with Alliant.
I don't know if it's still the case but I do know historically all the IMR brand powders were made in Canada. Just added salt to the wound that the stuff was made here but always available south of the border first! 🤣

Makes sense tho, just a sheer matter of customer base/market size. We're small potatoes up here haha

At the end of the day it's all about telling myself that I don't even WANT to try RL26…🤣
Happiness is having two pounds of Reloader 26 and load development already made for it so I only load for what I need for hunting and saving the rest.That's good for at least 200 rounds for me.

Happiness is having two pounds of Reloader 26 and load development already made for it so I only load for what I need for hunting and saving the rest.That's good for at least 200 rounds for me.
Awesome. I do want to try it some day if it shows up here. But in the meantime I am blessed enough to quit complaining I suppose, I have a decent stash of primers and powder for my need now and, having four young kids, a full time job, and being a post secondary student via online studies all at the same time, I don't get shooting enough to burn through it in any hurry 🤣

To some my supply would be chump change, to me it'd take years upon years to actually use up. Got multiple pounds each of imr7828, rl25, imr4955, h380, superformance, LVR and cfe223 (so similar I think they may in fact be the exact same powder rebranded). My local gun store (where I work 😁) has a variety of powders but especially a real good stockpile of H380, h4350, h4831, and StaBall 6.5, smaller amounts of numerous others.

I do still wish we'd see some Alliant brand powder trickle in here

I do still and always maintain that imr7828 is the original magnum powder AND still among the very best. Man I love that stuff. And people don't fight over it as hysterically as they do rl26, h1000, and retumbo. So perhaps I'll just stick with what I know works great and isn't quite so hard to get.

For a change, I dropped the entire Hodgdon line including their recently acquired companies. Never going back.

As most of us know,Hodgdon bought out Western Powder Company.Prior to this,TAC,Hunter and Magnum powders that I had were labled as Made in Belgium for Western Powder Company.The more recent powders I've bought have a different packaging label and doesn't have origin on the label.St Marks Powder Company is now the producer for these powders.I didn't notice any load differences in TAC or Hunter that I have between the Belgium powder and the St Marks powder,but duplicating the Magnum powder may have given them some issue and may be why it's being given a new name.Here is an interesting article on St Marks Powder Company. https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/ball-powder-st-marks-powder/462658
Perhaps that is the point of the Grand powder, replacing the belgium made variety. Too many games at Hodgdon for me. enjoy