Ramshot Big Game in 22-250

AKBman

Wondering if anyone here has shot Ramshot Big Game in this cartridge? I have been using Varget, but the Ramshot is $5/lb cheaper. I shoot 50 and 55 grain bullets, and rarely shoot anything near max loads. Thanks

Dave

Wondering if anyone here has shot Ramshot Big Game in this cartridge? I have been using Varget, but the Ramshot is $5/lb cheaper. I shoot 50 and 55 grain bullets, and rarely shoot anything near max loads. Thanks

Dave

I mostly shoot IMR 3031 under a 55 grain bullet in my 22-250's, and this stuff is easilly a hundred feet per second faster! (35.5 grains @ 3550 fps). Gotta try it out
gary

I have tried 3031, I found it worked better in my 45/70, now IMR4064 was great, except my Dillon powder measure doesn't like it. I have also had good luck with H380, but it is the same price as Varget.

I don't have a chrono at this time so i really can't tell you, I was going for accuracy. load data puts it around 3600 fps but thats just a best guess. As far as clean, I would say not as clean as the new CFE 223 but not bad to clean. prior to the big game I only ever used H380 in the 22-250 and would say it is cleaner than that. Its been a good load for me so far normally shoots under a 1/4 inch if i do my job.

Hope that helped

mike

I don't have a chrono at this time so i really can't tell you, I was going for accuracy. load data puts it around 3600 fps but thats just a best guess. As far as clean, I would say not as clean as the new CFE 223 but not bad to clean. prior to the big game I only ever used H380 in the 22-250 and would say it is cleaner than that. Its been a good load for me so far normally shoots under a 1/4 inch if i do my job.

Hope that helped

mike

been my experience as well, minus the cfe223, still cant get it here

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.